Your SPHINX CHESS COMPUTER is an ideal opponent. It is ready to play you at any time, as often as you like, at whatever level of skill you choose. Using the machine is simple - you just move the pieces on the chessboard in much the same way as you would against a human player.
SCHNEIDER SPHINX ROYAL MAIN GAME CHARACTERISTICS
- 64 Levels of difficulty.
- Plays standard chess openings.
- Take back moves.
- Set-up position.
- Verify position.
- Operates from 4 penlite (AA size) battery.
- Up to 200 hours battery life when using alkaline batteries.
- Memory save feature.
- Allows player to change sides.
LEVELS OF PLAY
The operating key marked “LEVEL” - which can be used any time when it is your turn to move - enables you to alter the speed and strength of the computer’s play. When you press this key, the corresponding light on the control panel comes on, You can choose between sixty-four different “levels”. On level 1, the computer takes an average of 5 seconds per move. On higher level, it takes more time and its playing strength is correspondingly increased; the average for level 64 is 20-25 seconds per move.
Computers that have the same program as the EXCALIBUR STILETTO are:
- Model 638E - Excalibur Stiletto Deluxe
- Model 328E - Excalibur Stiletto
- Model 347 - CXG Sphinx Granada
- Model 647W - CXG Sphinx Sierra
- Model 807 - CXG Sphinx Seville
- Model 240 - CXG Sphinx Royal
- Model 048 - CXG Sphinx Supra
Some information taken out of the SCHNEIDER SPHINX ROYAL User Manual.