Your RADIO SHACK COMPANION chess computer is a relentless and versatile chess opponent. Ideal for the beginning to intermediate player. Easy to set up and play.
MAIN RADIO SHACK COMPANION VERSION B GAME CHARACTERISTICS:
- LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY: shows the current move, piece position and verification, level information, and chess clock.
- SPECIAL SENSORY PLAYING SURFACE: senses a move when you press a square.
- 64 PLAY LEVEL SETTINGS: let you choose from 64 different strength levels, each with 6 initial position settings (the basic game plus 5 teaching moves).
- FIVE TEACHING MODE SETTINGS: help users learn the basic moves and master the tactics of particular piece play.
- TWO-PLAYER MODE: lets you play against another person with the computer as a referee.
- TAKE BACK: lets you take back and replay moves.
- RULE ENFORCEMENT: prevents illegal moves.
- GAME SAVE: lets you turn off the computer without interrupting the game so you can continue playing later.
- MOVE OPTIONS: lets you force the computer’s move, ask the computer to suggest your next move, change sides with the computer, or learn by watching the computer play against itself.
- LCD CHESS CLOCK: keeps track of the total elapsed time for your side.
- BATTERY OPERATED: you need two AA batteries to power the COMPANION chess computer.
Excerpts taken from Radio Shack Companion Version B User Manual and Box.