RADIO SHACK 1850 is an uncomplicated yet state-of-the art chess computer which automatically registers your moves on the built-in chessboard. It uses the 16 lights on the side of the board to indicate its own moves. This computer is battery operated and contains a low power memory which will retain the last position of an interrupted game for up to 18 months.
MAIN RADIO SHACK 1850 COMPUTERIZED CHESS DELUXE GAME CHARACTERISTICS:
- Quick Response.
- Thinks during opponent’s time.
- Automatic solution of problems up to Mate in 10.
- Automatic display mode shows move computer is considering.
- Automatic entry of moves on press-sensory chessboard.
- Automatic Castling, En Passant, and full pawn promotion.
- For casual play, tournament (with USCF time controls, Built-in timer), Blitz or 10-second chess.
- All rules included.
- Easy to set up positions.
- Comprehensive display and controls.
- Sound switches on and off.
- Easy to use.
- 6,000 Opening Moves.
- Deep Endgame knowledge.
- Programmed by International Chess Master.
- Ultra-Fast 8 MHz Microprocessor.
- Requires four “C” Alkaline batteries.
Excerpt taken from “Radio Shack 1850 Computerized Chess Deluxe” User Manual and Box.