The SUPER “9” DELUXE CHESS CHALLENGER represents the essence of chess playing ability and manufacturing craftsmanship. A very elegant array of programming and special features in a durable, economical housing.
The SUPER “9” DELUXE has an advanced chess playing program and a faster 2 MHz clock speed plus:
- Voice feature repeats all your moves, repeats all of its moves, and is available in English, French, German and Spanish.
- Fidelity’s popular CB9 Book Opening program is built-in.
- Fifteen selectable levels of play: Eight pre-set time controls and seven additional levels (infinite time, count down time for blitz games, user selectable time, fixed-depth iterative search, fixed-depth non-iterative search, problem solving levels, and fixed-time search).
- While thinking, it can display the move it is considering making, its current depth of search, and the score of the position.
- Can suggest a move for you to make and show what it thinks will be the continuing line of play if you make the suggested move.
- Selectable Book Openings and Book Practice Mode allows study of its Opening Book Repertoire.
- Take-back feature allows you to take back more than 35 half moves.
- Solves mate-in-seven and announces stalemate, draw by the 50-move rule, and draw by threefold repetition.
- Thinks on the opponent’s time for faster response.
- Promotes pawns to all legal pieces, and also considers these promotions for both sides while thinking about its move.
- Monitor mode lets CHALLENGER referee a game between two human players by checking for illegal moves, keeping track of time, and printing moves if a printer is used.
- Chess clock tells time remaining for each player, or tells elapsed time of game, automatically reversing for each player.
- If allowed, it will resign in hopeless positions.