The STAR DIAMOND offers an array of features including an extensive opening book of more than 123,000 ply or option for active, passive, tournament or user programmable book. Amongst others, it also has a rating-system and a warning-system which beeps when you have committed a blunder or when one of your pieces is threatened. The STAR DIAMOND is compatible with the NOVAG SUPER SYSTEM. This will enable its full thought processes to be recorded on a PC (most types).
We recommend that you read the instruction manual thoroughly in order to learn how to fully operate and enjoy your STAR DIAMOND. Section II on Playing the STAR DIAMOND, will provide you with basic information on getting started and on how to play a game of chess against your computer. After you are comfortable with the basic functions, you will enjoy learning to use the many special features the STAR DIAMOND offers.
- Advanced high speed RISC processor giving the STAR DIAMOND master level strength (estimated ELO 2500 (USCF)).
- A huge array of features and an elegant easy-to-use push sensor chessboard assure lasting pleasure.
- Connection via serial interface to the NOVAG UNIVERSAL CHESSBOARD or any IBM compatible PC which allows you to record and display its full thought processes easily.
- 64 preset playing levels and unlimited independent level settings for Black/White.
- The clearly arranged 6-digit Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) provided easy access to many game options.
- Extensive opening book containing of 123,000 plus user programmable book.
- Vary the style of play by selecting active or passive opening book, selective or full width search, with or without extensions.
- Now with rating system - evaluate your own playing strength.
- Storage of up to 64 games for replay on the LCD display.
- Plays with 4 x AA alkaline batteries (not supplied) allowing approximately 50 hours of play or use a special mains adapter NOVAG Art. No. 8210 (supplied seperately).
- Take back function for easy correction of weak and wrong moves (112 half moves).
Excerpts taken from “Novag Star Diamond” box (back cover) and User Manual.
Note: NOVAG STAR DIAMOND can be connected via the included serial cable to a PC and ARENA with the help of special software written by Alain Zanchetta. This enables you to play against chess engines via ARENA and your STAR DIAMOND. The software can be downloaded here:
UCI Driver for Star Diamond