ABOUT SAITEK KASPAROV RISC 2500 2 MB MODEL 322 ELECTRONIC CHESS COMPUTER
Congratulations on your purchase of KASPAROV RISC 2500! This extremely high-powered RISC-based chess computer represents a remarkable breakthrough in technology and offers a great variety of exciting special features. It is one of the finest and strongest chess computers on the market, and will make a worthy opponent for even the very best master players. RISC 2500 is also extremely easy-to-operate, registering all moves automatically on its built-in sensor board. It is sure to be the best computer opponent you have ever faced! Play with it, study it, learn from it - have fun!
SAITEK KASPAROV RISC 2500 2 MB MODEL 322 GAME CHARACTERISTICS
- Uses true 32-bit RISC processor, with 128 KB of high-speed static RAM expandable to 2 MB.
- State-of-the-art hash-table technology.
- Unusual, almost human playing style leads to aggressive, sharp and attractive play, unlike the safety-first approach of most chess computers.
- Balanced search-extension methods can find mating variations with incredible speed.
- Large opening library identifies lines by name.
- Built-in sensor board for easy move input.
- Display shows chess clocks, position evaluation, search depth, predicted lines of play, and more.
- Language option shows displays in English, German, French or Dutch.
- Unique menu-driven option selection.
- User selectable playing styles, playing strength and search settings.
- Six categories of playing levels, including Speed Chess, Tournament, Training, Mate Search, Analysis, and levels for casual play.
- Chess clocks with count-down feature.
- Computer thinks on your time for stronger play.
- Verify and set up chess positions and problems.
- Take back and replay the entire game.
- Play against another person with the computer acting as referee and keeping track of time.
- Strictly follows all the rules of chess.
- Handy piece storage compartment in base.
Excerpts taken from the SAITEK KASPAROV RISC 2500 2 MB user manual and box.
Saitek Kasparov Risc 2500 2 MB (1992)
Matchplay & Test ELO Ratings
Other Computer Chess Ratings
National Master Level Electronic Table Top Chess Computer!