Your NOVAG QUARTZ can be your tutor if you are a beginner or your challenging chess partner if you are already a chess player.
MAIN NOVAG QUARTZ GAME CHARACTERISTICS
- Elegant table-top chess computer with easy to operate SENSOR TECHNOLOGY makes it a joy to play.
- Ideal for novice to experienced players.
- Very strong 16K program working with 8 MHz system clock speed.
- Choose between 128 redesigned levels including training and tournament levels as well as problem solving levels up to mate-in-6 moves.
- Extensive opening book containing more than 8500 half moves and fascinating middle and end game strategies.
- Programmed in accordance with the International Chess Rules, knows en-passant moves, castlings and pawn promotion.
- A multitude of special features can be chosen and displayed via the Liquid Crystal Display if desired.
- Check, Stalemate and Mate announcement.
- Very fast response time.
- Plays against itself.
- Take Back function for easy correction of weak or wrong moves (25 half moves).
- Provides HINT, TRAINING and REFEREE features, if you need advice.
- Position verification and position set-up for problem solving.
- Saves game in MEMORY when switched off.
- 100 hours of challenging chess from 6 1.5V UM2-type (or ‘C’ size) alkaline batteries (not supplied) or optional mains adapter Novag Art. No. 8210 (supplied separately) for long term economy at home.
Excerpts taken from the “NOVAG Quartz” User Manual and box.