ABOUT NOVAG OBSIDIAN MODEL 1016 ELECTRONIC CHESS COMPUTER
NOVAG OBSIDIAN Electronic Chess Computer - Picture taken from computer
MAIN NOVAG OBSIDIAN MODEL 1016 GAME CHARACTERISTICS
- A wide range of features and advanced SENSOR TECHNOLOGY offer superb play to Chess enthusiasts and club player alike.
- A more powerful 32K Byte program working on H8 RISC -style processor with 2 x 16 MHz system clock speed.
With 128 playing levels including Tournament, Sudden Death and Novice levels.
- Full 6-digit information LCD shows clock-times for both sides, expected continuation, take back function up to 112 half-moves, mate announcement and intended move as well as position evaluation.
- Can solve up to Mate-in-8 moves.
- Large Opening Book containing over 8,900 half-moves and multiple-style openings library: Active, Passive, Tournament.
- Comprehensive coaching system which includes 8 built-in classical mate studies.
- 8 user-selectable end game playing modes for your choice of different playing styles.
- Computes on opponent's time and shows depth search in numbers of moves.
- Plays with one set 6 x 1,5V UM-2, size 'C' alkaline batteries allowing 250 hours of play or a NOVAG adaptor Art.No.8210 for long term economy (both not supplied).
Excerpts taken from the NOVAG OBSIDIAN user manual and box.
Matchplay & Test ELO Ratings
Other Computer Chess Ratings
Expert Level Electronic Table Top Chess Computer!