Dear Chess Player,
Welcome to the ever-growing ranks of MEPHISTO chess computer owners. We are confident that your new acquisition will give you a lot of pleasure and satisfaction.
Your MEPHISTO is a high-quality product made in Germany. It is extremely user-friendly and offers you a large number of special features. This makes it the ideal tournament and training partner for every chess enthusiast.
And now we wish you many hours of fun and excitement with your new electronic chess partner.
MAIN MEPHISTO NIGEL SHORT GAME CHARACTERISTICS:
- EQUIPPED WITH:
- Cover-inside with score sheet pad and flat pieces for traveling.
- Black, silver and gray pieces for at home.
- PLAYING STRENGTH:
- Top chess program for beginners up to tournament players.
- The level can be optimally adjusted to your own playing strength.
- Opening library with over 20,000 plies.
- Search extensions in case of kings attacks.
- Improved endgame knowledge.
- TRAINING FEATURES:
- Chess trainer.
- Opening trainer.
- Hint moves.
- Position evaluation.
- Shows main line.
- Display of the opening played (“Sicilian defense”, “Spanish” etc.).
- LEVELS OF PLAY:
- Beginners levels.
- Tournament levels.
- Speed-chess levels.
- Correspondence chess levels.
- Analysis level.
- Mate-search level with mate up to 8 moves.
- Pressure-sensor board with 16 LED’s.
- 32-character graphic display.
- Display texts alternatively in German or English.
- Position memory, keeps the game in its memory when the unit is switched off.
- TECHNICAL DATA:
- 65C02 Microprocessor.
- 64 KByte ROM.
- 8 KByte RAM.
- 5 MHz clock speed.
Excerpts taken from Mephisto Nigel Short User Manual and Box.