MAIN MEPHISTO III GAME CHARACTERISTICS:
- Take back moves -- Mephisto III can take back moves all the way back to the start position.
- Knows all rules of chess including pawn promotion and under-promotion.
- 9 levels of play.
- Learner Mode -- In this mode MEPHISTO III will warn you of a blunder.
- Position Setup -- used for setting up chess problems. MEPHISTO III will solve mate-in-6 problems.
- Best or Variable -- When set to start a new game, MEPHISTO III is set to play the best response he can find in any position. To provide more variety of responses (slightly weaker play) you can set the computer to a variable response mode.
- Opening Book -- MEPHISTO III has an opening book of more than 500 opening variations. You can also if you wish turn off the opening book.
- Position Verify -- this allows you to check the board position at any time.
- INFO -- this allows you to check the computers evaluation of a position and depth of search.
- MEPHISTO III continues to think while waiting for your move.
Thomas Nitsche & Elmar Henne
Matchplay & Test ELO Ratings
Other Computer Chess Ratings
Class C Level Electronic Travel Chess Computer!