SAITEK CHESS MASTER
Congratulations on your purchase of this exciting new chess computer! Perfect for all types of players, this computer can be whatever you want it to be -- a challenging opponent that will test the skills of even advanced players, a perfect chess partner for intermediate players, or a patient chess coach for beginners! Chess is a very fascinating game, and this computer includes a tremendous number of features that will let you enjoy the game even more. So, go ahead -- study the features at your leisure, play some great games, and above all, have fun!
The strongest computer in its price category! With an outstanding playing strength, and 256 level settings, this computer is ideal for expert Chess Players. With the combination of coaching features, playing modes and set up positions, this computer will offer you all the variety and stimulation you need for the ultimate chess match.
SPECIAL FEATURES AT A GLANCE!
- Strong 64K program boasts an estimated Swedish ELO rating of 2,200 -- ideal for advanced players!
- Features powerful 32 bit RISC microprocessor!
- The 256 level setting means you can constantly improve your skills.
- Offers 64 levels of play for learning, variety, and experimentation -- including Speed Chess, Tournament, Training, Problem Solving, and even special Fun Levels designed expressly for beginners.
- Watch the computer as it thinks -- you’ll see the principal variation, the computer’s evaluation of the current position, its search depth, and more!
- Need a hint? Just ask for a move suggestion!
- Set up positions and problems for further study.
- Use the advanced, high-speed Selective Search or try out the powerful Brute Force Search!
- Includes large, user-selectable openings.
- Coach Mode allows beginners to learn as they play -- even gives blunder and capture warnings!
- Features chess clock with countdown feature and unique “ticking” sound option.
- Take back up to 200 individual moves!
- Play against another person with the computer acting as referee.
- Great problem solver -- up to mate in eight moves!
- Retains your current position and up to about the last 200 individual moves!
- Advanced energy-saving features -- Automatic Power Down and built-in Power Management Intelligence help to save energy and conserve batteries.
- Four different Power Saving Mode options enhance the playing range by further weakening play while saving power, extending the life of your batteries up to eight times!
- Optional (not included) 9V 300 mA +/- Power Adapter.
Excerpts taken from “Saitek Master Chess” User Manual and Box.