The correct move for the above position is 1. Bxa7 resulting in a mate-in-4.
The different MACH II versions solved this in the following times.
- Version A - Plays 1. e4? after 2 minutes and 20 seconds.
- Version B - Plays correct move after 3 minutes and 35 seconds.
- Version C1 - Plays correct move after 3 minutes and 24 seconds.
- Version C2 - Plays correct move after 5 minutes and 3 seconds.
- Version L.A. - Plays correct move after 5 minutes and 40 seconds.
Although the times differ greatly between the 5 versions of MACH II, it is unlikely that there is much of a strength difference between the versions.
The version presented on this page is the Mach II “B” version.
Other features such as level settings and game controls all remain the same as the original FIDELITY EXCEL 68000.
You can read up in more detail about the different MACH II versions at Schachcomputer.Info.