MAIN NOVAG JASPER SPECIAL GAME CHARACTERISTICS
- Knows castling, en passant and pawn promotion/underpromotion.
- Total of 679 level settings to choose from. These 679 level settings are divided into 2 groups of 56 levels including 5 built-in Teach Mode levels and 7 Solve Mate levels (2 x 56 + (2 x 56 x 5) +7 = 679).
- Training Key - this training function is to help novice players.
- Hint Key - The computer can suggest moves if you are not sure how to continue your game, which is a great tutoring feature.
- Take Back Move key - You may take back the last 32 half moves, this enables you to rectify an earlier mistake or to play a different strategy.
- Verify a Position key - to verify that your board position is correct.
- Setting up a position key - this mode allows you to create board positions for experimentation or practice.
- MEMORY - the NOVAG JASPER SPECIAL has a long term memory and will retain the last board position.
- Playing Styles - if you choose skill level GROUP 1 your NOVAG JASPER SPECIAL chess computer will follow a more balanced playing role. Its game will be position bound and the computer will not make risky moves. In other words the computer always searches to its maximum ability to find the best move, whereas in GROUP 2 level setting your NOVAG JASPER SPECIAL chess computer will follow a more random or human like playing style and tends to make strategical mistakes. Its play will be more aggressive and the computer deliberately makes alternative moves which are not the absolute best of its search. This playing style offers interesting game variations and will challenge your chess skills.
Excerpts taken from the NOVAG Jasper Special User Manual.