MAIN NOVAG JADE CHARACTERISTICS
- Runs on 4 X AAA alkaline batteries or Novag adapter No. 8210 (both not included).
- 48 Skill Levels -- These levels are divided into 6 sections:
- Tournament Level TR1 - TR8.
- Average Time Level AT1 - AT8.
- Sudden Death Level SD1 - SD8.
- Fixed Depth Level FD1 - FD8.
- Analysis Level AN1 - AN8.
- Novice Level EA1 - EA8.
- Solve Mate Function - The NOVAG JADE can solve most chess problems as well as mate problems up to Mate-in-8.
- Random Key - Every time you switch the computer on, automatically the move with the highest rating is chosen, based on the depth of the search which is determined by the skill level. This is always the case after the opening is finished. However, this may not always provide the desired variety. If you press the RANDOM key you can choose various levels of randomness.
- Referee Key - In this mode you disable the computing of moves by the computer so you can make moves for White and Black, while the computer checks their legality. This feature may be used to enter particular book openings or to allow two players to challenge each other.
- Hint key - The NOVAG JADE can suggest moves, if you are not sure how to continue your game, which is a great tutoring feature.
- Training Key - This function is to help the novice player.
- Trace Forward Key - This key is mainly used for tracing forward all moves after using the TAKE BACK function. Every press of the key will will replay a move of the current game until all moves in memory have been replayed.
- Change Color Key - The computer is generally set to play Black and you White. If you want to play Black in a new game, set up the Black pieces in rank 1 and 2 and the White ones on rank 7 and 8, in this case disregard the notations along the chess board.
- NOVAG JADE has an opening book of over 12,000 half-moves.
Excerpts taken from the NOVAG Jade User Manual and Box.