This GAKKEN COMPUTER CHESS GAME machine is designed to play according to the standard chess rules. You can play this machine by yourself or with a friend. You move the pieces by simply pushing the buttons. When you play against the computer, its pieces move automatically.
This machine is light and compact with a sound switching feature. So you can enjoy whenever you like. Play by selecting one of three play levels.
GAKKEN COMPUTER CHESS GAME MAIN GAME CHARACTERISTICS:
- One or two players.
- Two skill levels.
- Functions include en passant, pawn promotions, castling, others.
- LCD intensity control.
- Sound on/off.
- “Suggest” button.
- Includes batteries.
You can choose one of the following play levels.
- LEVEL A: You play against the computer and the computer acts defensively.
- LEVEL B: You play against the computer and the computer acts offensively.
- LEVEL C: You play against a friend.
If you can’t decide what move to make next and want a hint, you can let the computer suggest a move for you. Just press SUGGEST. A suggested move will be indicated for a few seconds.
- In level A or B you can only use SUGGEST during your turn, not during the computer’s turn. In level C, you can use SUGGEST anytime.
- Keep track of how often you use SUGGEST, because 5 times is the maximum allowed in each game. If you try a sixth time you forfeit the game.
Excerpts taken from the “Gakken Computer Chess Game” User Manual and Box.