ABOUT SCISYS CHESS COMPANION II MODEL 204 ELECTRONIC CHESS COMPUTER
SCISYS CHESS COMPANION II Electronic Chess Computer - picture taken from computer.
CHESS COMPANION II is an uncomplicated chess computer which will automatically register your moves on the built-in chessboard. It uses the 16 lights on the edge of the board to indicate its own moves. The computer is battery operated and contains a low-power memory which will retain the last position of an interrupted game for up to one year.
MAIN SCISYS CHESS COMPANION II MODEL 204 GAME CHARACTERISTICS
- Very strong chess program.
- 9 adjustable levels from beginner to regular club player.
- Solves mate-in-4 problems.
- Built-in openings book.
- Thinks in opponent's time.
- Modern sensory chessboard reads your moves as soon as you make them.
- Full set of display lamps for white black, check, checkmate, stalemate, enter position, and computing.
- Sound control.
- Takes back moves, suggests moves.
- Turn On and Off at any time - even in the middle of a move.
- Remembers positions for up to one year.
- Easy to set up, verify and change positions.
- Perfect for all members of the family.
- Requires 3 AA batteries or 9V adapter (not included).
CHESS COMPANION II has nine level of skill. The average response times are as follows:
- LEVEL 0 - 2 seconds.
- LEVEL 1 - 5 seconds.
- LEVEL 2 - 15 seconds.
- LEVEL 3 - 1 minute.
- LEVEL 4 - 2 minutes.
- LEVEL 5 - 3 minutes (Tournament mode).
- LEVEL 6 - 8 minutes.
- LEVEL 7 - 2 hours (Analysis).
- LEVEL 8 - Problem mode.
Excerpts taken from SCISYS CHESS COMPANION II user manual and box.
SciSys Chess Companion II (1983)
Matchplay & Test ELO Ratings
Other Computer Chess Ratings
Class D Level Electronic Table Top Chess Computer!