FIDELITY CHAMPION SENSORY CHALLENGER MODEL CSC ELECTRONIC CHESS COMPUTER
Official rating provided by the United States Chess Federation for the Champion Sensory Chess Challenger.
MEET THE WORLD CHAMPION!
THE UNDISPUTED WINNER ON TWO CONTINENTS. IT THINKS SEES EVERY MOVE, AND TALKS... IN ANY ONE OF FOUR DIFFERENT LANGUAGES.
It's the one you've been waiting for! CHAMPION SENSORY CHESS CHALLENGER contains an even better program than was used to win the First World Microcomputer Chess Championship in London, England, September, 1980, and the First Official North American Microcomputer Chess Championship held in San Jose, California. Has many outstanding features, including Fidelity's advanced Sensory playing surface.
FIDELITY CHAMPION SENSORY CHESS CHALLENGER Electronic Chess Computer - picture taken from box.
MAIN FIDELITY CHAMPION SENSORY CHALLENGER MODEL CSC GAME CHARACTERISTICS
- Infinite levels of play.
- Thinks on its opponents time for faster response.
- Any tournament time control can be set by entering the primary and secondary time controls (number of moves in a certain time limit).
- Take back feature reverses up to 15 moves, or 30 half-moves in case you decide to change the direction of your game.
- Full 50-word voice vocabulary -- tells you all of its moves and repeats all of your moves. Calls out every capture, and repeats every board position on demand.
- Improved book openings -- select from a large repertoire of 64 book opening variations averaging 15 moves into the game. Variations selected reflect a mix of Master Practice, Average Tournaments and social club play. Opening variations are divided equally between open and closed games.
- Duplicates 64 of the world's greatest games, including games played by Morphy, Capablanca, Spassky, and Fisher. Test your own playing ability by replaying these great games.... you be the Champ or the Challenger.
- Chess clock tells time remaining for each player, or tells elapsed time of game, automatically reversing for each player.
- Chess clock count down mode allows separate game times to be set for the human and the Computer. The Computer automatically adjusts the speed of play to the time remaining.
- Special mate mode solves mating problems with amazing speed.
- Play Mode allows two humans to play chess on its sensory playing surface. The Computer monitors play, announcing the moves, rejecting illegal moves, and printing a complete game record for both players when the Fidelity Printer is used.
- Has the ability to promote pawns to all legal pieces, and will announce the piece selected.
Walnut housing, hand carved magnetized chess pieces, 100% solid state. Uses standard AC power. Optional Printer provides a graphic printout of every move.
Excerpts were taken from the Fidelity Champion Sensory Chess Challenger user manual and box.
Winner of First World Microcomputer Chess Championship in London, England, September, 1980, and the First Official North American Microcomputer Chess Championship held in San Jose, California.
Fidelity Sensory Challenger Champion (1981)
Fidelity Electronics, Inc
Matchplay & Test ELO Ratings
Other Computer Chess Ratings
Class B Level Electronic Table Top Chess Computer!