WHAT IS A CHESS AND CHECKERS COMPUTER?
A chess and checkers computer is a traditional board with real chess and checker pieces and electronic circuits which respond to the position of the pieces on the board. An important benefit is that you can play a game of chess or checkers against your computer when a human opponent is not available. You can do this at any time, and even switch off in the middle of a game and start again later, because the computer will remember exactly where all the pieces are even when it is switched off.
If you are a beginner at chess the computer’s advanced teaching mode will help you to learn the game, to learn about all the chess pieces and how they move.
Finally do not think that you have no chance against the computer. It has many levels of skill and if you start off by playing on the lowest level you should find that as you get used to playing the computer you will learn more about the game and have a good chance of winning. As you improve and want a more challenging game you simply increase the level of skill.
Your computer is an ideal opponent. It is ready to play you at any time, as often as you like, at whatever level of skill you choose.
MAIN SYSTEMA CAPRICORN GAME CHARACTERISTICS:
- Over 7,000 chess level settings.
- Sensory chess board.
- 40 famous games.
- LCD display indicates moves and other information.
- Position verify.
- Positions set-up.
- Take-back moves.
- 5 styles of play from aggressive to very passive.
- Long-term memory.
- Detects draws by 50 move rule, 3-fold repetition, stalemate.
- Pre-programmed opening strategy.
- Pawn promotion, castling & en passant captures.
- Battery operation using 4 AA cells (not included).
- Audible tone to indicate moves.
- Solves mate-in-2 problems.
- Long battery life.
- ELO rating, 1,450 (USA 1,550) (estimated).
- Has teaching feature programmed into computer.
- Player rating system - Measure your progress.
Excerpts taken from “Systema Capricorn” User Manual and box.