MEPHISTO BERLIN PROFESSIONAL Electronic Chess Computer.
Picture taken from Mephisto Berlin Professional computer.
MEPHISTO BERLIN PROFESSIONAL
Besides impressive playing strength, your MEPHISTO BERLIN offers you a large number of special features, in keeping with its status as world champion.
MEPHISTO BERLIN PROFESSIONAL MAIN GAME CHARACTERISTICS:
- 68020 Microprocessor.
- 24.567 MHz Clock Speed.
- 256 K byte Program Memory (ROM).
- 1,024 K byte Working Memory (RAM).
- PERMANENT MEMORY: Stores about 50 games (even when the unit is switched off).
- DISPLAY: 32-character dot matrix display (5x8 dots per character).
- OPERATION: Menu-driven dialog system with 4 cursor keys, 2 control keys (ENT and CL) and 2 NEW GAME keys.
- Lambda strategy (a mixture of Shannon A and B) with extensive chess knowledge and so-called pattern recognition of pawn structures.
- Opening library with about 20,000 variations (about 180,000 half-moves). Automatic recognition of transpositions and reversal of colors.
- Extensive use of endgame strategies.
- 10 normal levels (average time per move).
- 10 tournament levels (different time controls).
- 16 problem levels (mate in 1 to 16).
- 30 analysis levels (variable search depth).
- 1 correspondence chess level (infinite).
- 10 easy levels for beginners (makes occasional mistakes)
- 10 handicap levels (matches opponent's thinking time).
- 10 quick play levels (with countdown mode).
- User-programmable level (allows user to program any desired setting of time limits and number of moves for both sides and both 1st and 2nd time controls).
- CHESS CLOCK: Four-time or countdown clock.
- POWER; Mains (HGN 5004A).
Excerpts taken from Mephisto Berlin Professional User Manual.
Mephisto Berlin Professional (1994)
Matchplay & Test ELO Ratings
Other Computer Chess Ratings
National Master Level Electronic Table Top Chess Computer!