EXCALIBUR ALPHA 2 IN 1 ELECTRONIC CHESS & CHECKERS
The research labs of Excalibur Electronics have developed the Alpha 2 in 1 exclusively for beginning and intermediate chess and checkers players. Alpha 2 in 1 has a sophisticated program that makes playing fun. Alpha 2 in 1 comes complete with easy to use controls, the Excalbur Teach Mode, Excalibur’s Player Rating System and our advanced coaching feature.
WHAT IS A CHESS COMPUTER?
A chess computer is a state-of-the-art chess board with real chess pieces and electronic circuits that respond to the position of the pieces on the board. This enables you to play a game against the computer at any time without the need of another person. Plus, with its unique memory-save function, you can turn off your computerized chess or checkers game and continue later without losing any positions.
- Saves Game in Memory.
- Take-Back Move Function.
- Estimated Rating: 1600.
- Requires 4 AAA Batteries.
- Special Coaching Function.
- 100’s of Pre-Programmed Book Opening Positions.
- Solves Mate Problems.
- Position Setup.
- Over 200 Hours of Battery Life.
- 88 Levels of Play.
- Play Chess or Checkers!
- Excalibur’s Exclusive Teach Mode.
- LCD Display Shows Your Every Move.
- 16 Levels of Checkers.
- Perfect for All Levels of Players.
- Teaches Beginners at any Age. Yet Challenges Advanced Players.
WHAT IS ADVANCED TEACH MODE?
In a simple methodical way, the Advanced Teach Mode teaches beginners the fundamentals of chess, ranging from individual-piece moves to game strategies.
New players can choose from five easy-to-follow TEACH MODES. In the first mode, for example, the user competes against the computer where only pawns and kings are used. Once the player has understood that level, the player goes on to the next levels where more chess pieces are utilized. The five training modes are as follows:
- MODE 1: Uses kings and pawns.
- MODE 2: Uses kings, queens and pawns.
- MODE 3: Uses kings, rooks and pawns.
- MODE 4: Uses kings, bishops and pawns.
- MODE 5: Uses kings, knights and pawns.
This simple teaching method has proven to be the most effective way of teaching how to play chess, and is now available in EXCALIBUR chess sets.
Excerpts taken from Excalibur Alpha 2 in 1 User Manual and Box.