This SAITEK ALCHEMIST electronic chess board is a powerful computer that will play chess with you at whatever level of complexity you choose, or if you prefer, you can play a game with a friend and the computer will act as referee. The huge range of levels of play (64) combined with the extended teach modes (11) will satisfy anyone with an interest in chess, including young and old. There are 768 combinations altogether. The teach modes and openings coaches are superb learning features at any level of play, and the various modes of timed competition will please the intermediate player.
MAIN SAITEK ALCHEMIST GAME CHARACTERISTICS:
- LCD Display Window: The Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) is used to show moves, game information, and chess clocks for both players.
- OPENINGS COACH key: train on recognized opening gambits and responses.
- NON AUTO key: Allows moves to be entered manually - the computer monitors the game, but makes no moves.
- SENSORY CHESSBOARD: Each square has a highly sensitive sensor that registers piece movement.
- TEACH MODES: Your chess computer contains eleven built-in Extended Teach modes. This feature allows you to learn basic moves and master the tactics of the pieces, one at a time. For each individual Teach mode the only pieces on the board will be Kings and Pawns, or Kings and Pawns and one or two selected piece types. This allows beginners to concentrate on one or two pieces at a time, without losing focus and being distracted by other pieces on the board. More developed players can use this feature to practice playing with selected combinations of pieces.
Excerpts taken from the Saitek Alchemist User Manual.