Your NOVAG AGATE PLUS can be your tutor if you are a beginner or your challenging chess partner if you are already a chess player.
MAIN NOVAG AGATE PLUS GAME CHARACTERISTICS
- Elegant table top chess computer with easy to operate SENSORY TECHNOLOGY makes it a joy to play.
- Ideal for novice to experienced players.
- Very strong 16K program working with 8 MHz system clock speed.
- Choose between 128 redesigned levels including training and tournament levels, as well as problem solving levels up to mate-in-6 moves.
- Extensive opening book containing more than 8,500 half moves and fascinating middle and endgame strategies.
- Programmed in accordance to the International Chess Rules, knows en-passant moves, castlings and pawn promotion.
- A multitude of special features can be chosen and displayed via the Liquid Crystal Display if desired.
- Check, Stalemate and Mate announcement.
- Very fast response time.
- Plays against itself.
- TAKE BACK function for easy correction of weak or wrong moves (25 half moves).
- Provides HINT, TRAINING and REFEREE features if you need advice.
- Position verification and position set up for problem solving.
- Saves game position in MEMORY when switched off.
- 100 hours of challenging chess from 6 AA alkaline batteries or optional mains adapter (Novag Art. No. 8210) for long term economy at home (both not supplied).
Excerpts taken from the NOVAG Agate Plus User Manual and box.