“MEPHISTO ACADEMY” Logo taken from Box.
The Ideal tournament and training chess computer for all who want to learn or improve their chess.
- Simple to use - only 8 keys needed.
- Has unique 32 character dot matrix LCD display to show information optimally.
- Uses one of the World's strongest 48 K Byte programs.
- User upgrade possible due to use of module technology.
- Use the computer to calculate your own playing strength in ELO points.
- ELO tournament function: enter the playing strength in ELO points with which the computer should play against you.
- Tournament level, number of moves and time checks can be freely set.
- Action chess (rapid chess) facility, also with ELO setting.
- Blitz (lightening) chess possible, both time limits separately settable.
- Additional tournament opening book.
- Specific openings training (display shows opening being played)
- New concept used for the evaluation of the player's moves by the built-in chess instructor.
- 9 different playing styles possible (!) through the combination of brute force and very special selection methods.
- Playing strength of the computer can be drastically reduced with the help of the Handicap function.
Excerpts taken out of the “Hegener + Glaser Mephisto Academy” Box (side).
Wooden magnet sensory board, you just pick up the chess piece and place it on to the square you want to move to. No pressing of board squares required.
“Mephisto Academy” close up of the picture shown at the front of the Training Book included in the box, written in German by Dr. Helmut Pfleger, Gerd Treppner & Helmut Weigel.
Matchplay & Test ELO Ratings
Other Computer Chess Ratings
ELO FUNCTION Logo used by Mephisto to show chess computers ELO Rating capability. Picture taken from Box.
Expert Level Electronic Table Top Chess Computer!